Terms of Purchase
At Fit Your Boiler we aim to make everything as straightforward as we can.
Our terms and conditions are written in plain English and are as jargon-free as possible. If you would like any help or more information, please get in touch with our customer services team at [email protected]
In these Terms & Conditions Heating Installation Network Limited Trading as Fit Your Boiler (a company registered in England & Wales with company number 11777297 will be referred to as ‘the Company’ and the person ordering the product will be referred to as ‘the customer’.
Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your installation request via the Fit Your Boiler Website. These Terms tell you what services Fit Your Boiler will provide to you and explains your contractual relationship with the Company and other important information.
FItmyBoiler is an online solution offering a quick and convenient way for you to have your boiler replaced by an experienced installer within a minimum timeframe of 24 hours and at a fixed cost, subject to these Terms and not to any additional terms of your chosen retailer you choose to supply the boiler and equipment to be installed
A Fit Your Boiler Installer is an independent installer who is not directly employed by the company but participates in the installation scheme network. All Installers are vetted by the Company, Gas Safe registered, hold independent liability insurance and fully trained to the current industry regulatory standards.
To assess whether you are eligible for a boiler replacement by way of the service, you will be asked on the webpage to provide pictures of your current boiler and installation, the proposed boiler and equipment you wish the company to install, and answer a series of questions to issue your installation request. If you meet the Eligibility Criteria, the Company will identify a suitable Installer for you, coordinate the installation contract.
To secure an installation date (Installation Date) and enter into the Installation Contract, you will have to make a Confirmation Payment of £495 (including VAT) to the Company. With the Confirmation Payment, you at the same time remunerate the Company for the installation services provided.
- All the terms of the contract between the customer and the Company are contained in this document and written specifications provided to the customer by the Company on the website. No variation of the terms shall bind either party unless such variation is made in writing and signed by the party to be bound.
- Any concession, latitude or waiver allowed by the Company at any time shall be without prejudice to their strict and full rights under this contract and shall not prevent the Company subsequently exercising such rights.
- We try to keep information on the website and in marketing materials relevant and up to date. However, such information should be used as a guide only and products and services are frequently updated and changed.
- Any reviews or comments made by members of the public on this website are their opinions only and do not form any part of the specification or advice given by the Company about products or services we supply.
- Pictures, text, videos and other material contained on the Company’s website(s) and literature are subject to copyright restrictions and must not be copied or reproduced without the written consent of the Company.
- Trademarks and other intellectual property of the Company are protected and not to be replicated or reproduced.
- The Company operates within The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and treats all information supplied by customers as confidential and will only pass on such information as is required to fulfil the obligations set out in this contract.
Unless otherwise stated in the Terms & Conditions, all communication between the customer and the Company will be by email. The customer’s email address used by the Company will be the same one supplied by the customer during the ordering process.
When the customer places an order with the Company via the website, the Company will send the customer an email acknowledging the order and stating;
- details of what the customer has agreed to purchase themselves
- the total fixed cost
- arrangements for date of installation
- the minimum duration of any contract and arrangements for terminating the contract
- how and when they can cancel an order
- an address where complaints can be sent
- any guarantees or after-sales services offered
- conditions for terminating contracts
- any helpline call charges that are more than calling an 01, 02 or 03 number, or a mobile or free number
DELIVERY AND SUPPLY OF GOODS BEFORE THE INSTALLATION DATE
The Company works hard to ensure the installation happens on time and with clear correspondence in advance. Notwithstanding this, the customer accepts that sometimes issues occur beyond our control and this does not give cause for cancellation.
- The customer is solely responsible for sourcing, specifying and purchasing an appropriate boiler and ancillary equipment, the Company accepts no liability for the performance and condition of any equipment provided for the installation by the customer
Due to the Company’s policy of continuous improvement, the customer shall have the benefit of any modification the Company may make to its products and procedures, albeit these changes may be made without prior notice to the customer. All illustrations within the company’s website (and any advertising, marketing material or literature) and that of its suppliers are subsequently intended as a guide only.
- The customer agrees to have all equipment (excluding the necessary installation materials included in the installation cost) in new and unopened condition at the premises the installation is arranged for by 9.00am on the day of installation, and we would strongly recommend the equipment is on site before making payment for the installation. If the equipment is not on site for whatever reason, the Company reserves the right to cancel the installation. In the event of suspension or cancellation of the work at the request of the customer or lack of instructions or delay on site caused by matters beyond the control of the Company, any extra expenses thereby incurred or losses suffered shall be chargeable to the customer along with a reasonable addition for administration and overhead costs. This condition shall not be construed as to affect any statutory or common law rights of the customer.
- The customer is responsible for keeping any equipment secure and dry before and during the installation process. If equipment is damaged, removed or packaging opened then the customer will be liable for any costs or losses incurred by both themselves and the Company. These costs include both the cost of replacing equipment and the cost of labour (either extra labour employed to rectify the problem or wasted due to equipment being missing).
INSPECTION OF THE SITE
- After an order is placed with the Company, there is an opportunity for the customer to send photos to the Company using a customer specific weblink. This link is displayed on screen immediately after the order is placed and also sent on email. By viewing the photos in advance the Company can discuss any technical aspects of the installation prior to the engineer attending; this makes the installation process run as smoothly as possible to enable a suitable installation.The customer agrees that any photos supplied during or after the ordering process are true and accurate images of what the engineer will see at the installation site on the day of installation.
Installation Eligibility Criteria
- 1. You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a boiler replacement by way of the Service (the Eligibility Criteria)
- The boiler currently installed in your home must be a wall hung combi boiler and must be replaced with a new wall hung combi boiler of your choice
- The fuel supply to your current boiler must be natural gas. LPG and oil boilers will not be eligible for a FitMyBoiler installation. The gas supply pipework must be in 22mm minimum diameter soldered copper from gas meter to boiler position, and of appropriate size to provide adequate working pressure to the existing and new appliance. Any rectification works required will be undertaken at additional cost and subject to a variation order (see no.34)
- The flue must exit the building horizontally from the boiler through a wall. Vertical flues exiting through a building roof will not be eligible for a Fit Your Boiler installation.
- The new boiler must be installed in the same location as the current boiler. If re-location of a boiler is necessary then it will not be eligible for a Fit Your Boiler installation.
- Your current boiler must be installed in line with the current legal regulations and building standards to be eligible for a Fit Your Boiler installation. For more details, please refer to the current boiler install criteria here.
- In order to be able to assess whether the Eligibility Criteria are met, you will have to provide Fit Your Boiler with pictures of the current boiler and installation as requested on the webpage when issuing your installation request. Fit Your Boiler may contact you via telephone and/or email to request additional information or pictures. If the information provided by you is, at Fit Your Boiler’s discretion, unsatisfactory, Fit Your Boiler will not be able to proceed with the installation request.
- If you do not meet the Eligibility Criteria, Fit Your Boiler may provide you with a quotation to reflect the additional work and/or provides an Installation Date outside the minimum 24 hours’ period.
- The questions about the Eligibility Criteria must be answered accurately, and truthfully. If, at the time of the Installation, the factual or technical situation is different to what is expected according to the pictures sent and answers given relating to the Eligibility Criteria, Fit Your Boiler is entitled, without any liability towards you, to terminate the Installation Contract (see below) and agree to a new price exceeding the formerly quoted price, and/or reschedule a new Installation Date or terminate the Installation Contract without any new offer.
- Under such circumstances, Fit Your Boiler shall in no event be held liable, or be obliged to refund the Confirmation Payment – see cancellation
- If, upon physical inspection of the site, it is determined that equipment ordered is unsuitable or technically not possible to install as ordered, then the Company will inform the customer of why the installation cannot go ahead as ordered and discuss alternative options including any delay to installation that may be incurred. If the customer declines the alternatives offered, or if no alternatives can be offered, then the Company will give a full refund to the customer.
- In exceptional cases where the Company determines an installation cannot take place, the Company reserves the right to decline any order at any time. Should the Company decline an order, no damages or expenses of any kind shall be payable by the Company to the customer beyond the refund of any money already paid in relation to the contract.
- Any changes in materials and/or specifications from those detailed in the contract, will only apply when supported by an Amendment to Order document issued by the Company, which must be approved by the customer (this approval may be carried out either by physical documentation or by email).
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the delivery and installation timescales agreed during the ordering process are met, the Company reserves the right to delay installation for reasons including (for example) fires, strikes, illness, severe weather, lockouts, terrorism, war and any other causes beyond the control of the Company interfering with its execution or completion of the contract. Time shall not be deemed to be the essence of the Contract.
CONFIRMATION PAYMENT AND INSTALLATION CONTRACT
- If you wish to proceed with the installation, payment of £495 (including VAT) will be payable online via the Fit Your Boiler website. The Confirmation Payment will confirm the Installation Date as stated in the Quotation and deemed to be your binding acceptance of the Company’s contract offer.
- Upon receipt of the Confirmation Payment, you will receive via email: an electronically generated VAT invoice from Fit Your Boiler for the Confirmation Payment; the Installation Contract confirmation and the contact details
- The Company may contact you by means of telephone, email or WhatsApp prior to the Express Installation to confirm their arrival time and other requirements.
UNDERTAKING INSTALLATION WORK
- The customer is responsible for notifying the Company of any local restrictions that could impact the installation, for example local parking restrictions, steep stair climbs, stair climbs longer than 20 steps, on foot carrying distances greater than 30 meters. If re-scheduling is required because of an undeclared restriction the Company reserve the right to charge the cost for rescheduling the installation and any other associated costs.
- The customer agrees to have someone present at the property over the age of 18 for when works are scheduled and agrees that if installation is aborted due to no one being at the delivery address then this will incur an aborted charge.
- You will need to provide free access to and from the installation property on the agreed dates so that we can install your equipment. You must also provide free access to water, gas and electricity for installing and testing your new equipment.
- During the fulfilment of this contract, the customer agrees to provide a safe and respectful workplace for any persons attending the installation address. Persons attending a property to carry out work connected with this contract will leave the property if rude, abusive or unsafe conditions are encountered. If this happens, it will be at the sole discretion of the Company if a reattendance is arranged and what the charge for such a reattendance will be. In any event, no refund will be due from the Company to the customer if the site is vacated for reasons of safety, abuse or general rudeness.
- Prior to any attendance by the Company, it is the customer’s responsibility to secure any permissions, licences or permits that may be required to authorise the work. An example of such permit could be a listed building consent, landlord consent or freeholder agreement.
- We will always try to complete work before 6pm on the day of installation, but may on occasion need to use a reasonable amount of overtime to achieve completion. It is a condition of this contract that your approval to such overtime is granted, although we will endeavour to minimise any disruption or inconvenience.
- Whilst all reasonable care will be taken by the Company, it accepts no liability for any damage to existing plaster work, decorations, flooring etc which may be consequent upon the carrying out of the work detailed. Cuts or holes made to allow for equipment will be made good but not permanently finished or re-decorated. Floor boards will be reinstated or replaced where necessary but special and/or laminated floors cannot be permanently re-fixed. Any carpets which are lifted will be re-laid to the best of our operative’s ability, however, we cannot be held responsible for carpets which have been nailed or glued down. It should be anticipated that an amount of redecoration may be required and this will be the customer’s responsibility and is not included in the price.
Similarly, the Company accepts no responsibility for damage which is attributable to structural defects or weaknesses unless such damage results from negligence on the part of the Company, its operatives, servants or assigns. The Company cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by a third party employed by the Customer.
- Whilst the Company will exercise reasonable care in assessing the suitability of existing systems, the Company will not be liable for any damage caused to existing plumbing installations or any consequential damage caused by the failure or incompatibility of existing installations, taps, valves, showers, other fittings or any appliances.
- The Company will not be liable if your existing home equipment is not compatible for any reason with a new boiler.
- Whilst engineers working on behalf of the Company will take reasonable care not to damage wiring, plumbing and other services at your property, the Company cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to such existing services whether the damage was caused accidentally, on purpose or because of re-routing during the installation of equipment. Where any such wiring or services are installed, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that these be re-routed prior to commencement of the works.
- The Company will not be liable for any damage to your home caused as a direct result of structural defects or weaknesses at the installation address whether they are visible or not. If you are unsure of the structural integrity of your building you should engage an appropriately qualified structural surveyor prior to any attendance the Company may arrange in connection with the contract.
- Products and building materials can vary in colour, texture and general appearance. The Company accepts no liability for any materials used during the installation process having variations in colour, texture and general appearance. When matching materials (such as bricks and tiles) to existing materials which are part of the house, a close match is often not possible due to older products becoming obsolete and the effects of weathering over time. In summary, the Company accepts no liability for any materials introduced to the property matching any existing materials and explicitly states variations in colour, texture and general appearance are likely and will be by the customer.
- When adding new equipment to your house, our engineer will need to test existing relevant infrastructure to ensure it meets current regulatory standards and is of suitable performance. Should your existing infrastructure fail to meet relevant standards then we will give you the options (and associated costs) to bring the infrastructure up to a standard which allows new equipment to be connected. If you do not wish to authorise the required additional work(s) we will leave the equipment for connection by others and will not be able to commission the equipment. In such circumstances the customer is still liable to make payment in full as if the installation had been completed.
- The engineer will take pictures of your installed equipment for the Company’s auditing process and for our own records. The engineer may also attend with other people including managers, supervisors, trainees or apprentices.
- During installation, our health and safety plan requires the engineer to have access to working communication devices. If for any reason the engineer is unable to get mobile phone reception, the house holder agrees to make available to the engineer access to their telephone and internet connection for no charge.
- Upon completion of all physical works at the property, the customer (or their representative) may inspect the work before the engineer departs. Once the Company’s appointed engineer is satisfied that the work is complete and the customer (or their representative) has been given the opportunity to inspect, then all works required to fulfil the contract are deemed to have been completed.
- Sometimes things do not go to plan with the installation of new equipment. The customer agrees to give the Company and its engineers reasonable opportunities to put thing right by providing access to the installation address and time to remedy any faults or problems. In addition to this, the customer undertakes to minimise or avoid any losses it may suffer as a result of the actions (or non-actions) of the Company or the appointed Engineer.
- If something within the customer’s responsibilities/control (such as removal of asbestos or improving existing infrastructure) prevents delivery and/or installation of any goods/services ordered for more than 12 months after the order was placed with the Company, then the Company will be deemed to have performed the contract in full and entitled to retain all monies paid to date without deduction or refund in full or in part without the supply of any further goods/services.
- As we only supply installation products for domestic and private use, we are not liable for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or business opportunity.
FINANCE AND PAYMENTS
- If paying by credit or debit card, the payment of cleared funds from the customer to the Company is required prior to installation of goods. Payment is only deemed to have been received once the funds are showing in the Company’s bank account as cleared funds. If the customer instigates an attempt to clawback payments (for example requesting a credit card chargeback) then the Company can pass on any costs and/or losses associated with dealing with and defending such action.
- All invoices issued by the Company to the customer are issued after payment has been made and goods have been installed. Whilst any money is outstanding, the Company is entitled to delay or defer any or all work without any penalty due from the Company to the customer whatsoever.
- If the Customer has entered a credit agreement via one of the Company’s nominated finance providers, the terms of the agreement will apply as part of this contract. If the credit agreement is later cancelled, then subject to the terms of the 1974 Consumer Credit Act, the contract balance will become immediately payable. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- All goods supplied remain the property of the Company even though installed, by way of a lien, until fully paid for and the Company reserves the right of re-entry to remove any such goods whether fixed or otherwise, which remain unpaid for.
- All the prices we display include VAT. Delivery and other service charges will be confirmed on screen during the specification and purchase process. After the point a customer completes an order on the Company’s website, the price should not change even if the VAT rate does.
- In the event of suspension or cancellation of the work at the request of the customer or lack of instructions or delay on site caused by matters beyond the control of the Company, any extra expenses thereby incurred or losses suffered shall be chargeable to the customer along with a reasonable addition for administration and overhead costs. This condition shall not be construed as to affect any statutory or common law rights of the customer.
- The Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to accept or refuse any order placed by the customer until the appointed engineer has inspected the site and accepted the order.
- Debris will be removed from site as part of the contract price, but this does not include the removal of any dangerous/hazardous waste material such as asbestos which we become aware of before or during the installation. It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange for the safe removal and disposal from site at their own expense and to provide the Company with a Clean Air Certificate as proof this work has been completed. A reattendance charge is payable from the customer to the Company if a reattendance is required once the dangerous/hazardous material has been removed.
- In some circumstances the installer may offer to remove from site and dispose of any waste materials and rubbish generated during the installation, but this is at the discretion of the installer. The customer is ultimately responsible for disposing of any packaging and site waste responsibly if this is not offered by the installer
- Party Wall Act; it is the responsibility of the customer to undertake a party wall agreement with any neighbouring properties where required in advance of the Company attending site to carry out work.
- Under Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 the Company needs to ensure operatives working on the site have access to welfare facilities including; a toilet, washing facilities, drinking water and facilities for rest in a warm indoor area. To reduce costs the customer agrees to provide access to these facilities within the existing property for workers to use in a clean and respectful way. If the customer would like the Company to make alternative arrangements to comply with these CDM Regulations, they will notify the Company at least 21 days before any onsite works are due to commence and pay the additional cost of hiring such facilities 7 days prior to work commencing.
- Once the customer selects an installation date during the online order process, it’s reserved for one hour. To confirm the installation date, the payment process (including the completion of any finance documents) needs to be finished by the customer within one hour. If the customer does not complete the payment process within an hour, the Company will endeavour to install/deliver equipment on the chosen date, however after the hour has lapsed, the company reserves the right to only offer an alternative delivery/installation slot.
- You will lose the right to cancel set out below should the Company complete the installation of your new equipment within 14 days of your order being placed and you have requested that the Company perform services within this 14-day period as it will be deemed that the Company has been engaged to carry out urgent maintenance or repairs at your household.
- The customer has a right to cancel this contract within 2 days or 48hours of the installation date arranged without giving any reason provided the following conditions are satisfied;
- Notice of cancellation is emailed to [email protected] either before any delivery is made, or within 48hours of the order being placed.
- Notice of cancellation is emailed to [email protected] prior to the engineer attending site on the agreed date.
- Any email sent intended to serve as your statement of cancellation should be clear and unambiguous. You may use the following style of wording although this is not obligatory “I/we hereby give notice of cancellation for the contract number [insert contract number] for the supply of [item you wish to cancel] to [property address]. Signed [insert your name].”
- If your equipment has already been delivered, but the engineer who will be doing the work has not yet been allocated, then the customer can cancel the order and receive a full refund less costs associated with the delivery/collection service the customer has chosen to transport the equipment. For the avoidance of doubt, the equipment provided to the Company by the customer is the customers sole responsibility
- If you wish to cancel once the engineer is allocated and you are within the 2 day cancellation period, you will be liable for the cost of the engineer’s attendance and other reasonable costs associated.
WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE
- Some gas boilers installed by the Company are supported with manufacturer backed parts and labour warranty providing they have been inspected and maintained annually by a Gas Safe Registered engineer (the length of the warranty is up to 10 years depending upon options selected at the time of purchase). The cost of servicing and inspecting after installation is not included in the price of this contract unless explicitly ordered during the purchase process. You must retain service records for your boiler which must be produced to the Company or Page 7 T&C V1 manufacturer upon request if making a claim under the warranty. After the installation, we will automatically register your boiler’s warranty with the manufacturer and email you the relevant details. For the avoidance of doubt, the warranty is provided by the manufacturer of the boiler supplied and not by the Company.
- Timers and Controls; The warranty period for timers and controls varies depending on manufacturer.
- Other equipment and components (such as water softeners) have different warranties, these will vary depending upon the manufacturer. And the manufacturer will provide details of any such warranties upon request.
- Any workmanship will be done with reasonable skill and care by a suitably qualified person. The installation pipework, joints and hand applied seals benefit from a 1 year warranty to include all parts and labour.
- Any guarantee shall be null and void if payments are not made on the due dates and the above conditions are not adhered to. Furthermore, neither the Company nor the manufacturer of any parts or equipment will be liable to you, whether under this contract or otherwise (and whether to carry out any warranty repairs or otherwise) where any failure, fault or problem arises as a result of;
- Any failure of the customer or third parties in the care, operation, inspection, servicing or maintenance of any of the equipment which is not done strictly in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. The customer is responsible for maintaining full and accurate service records for all equipment, without such records any warranty will be void.
- Any deliberate damage or vandalism
- Damage caused by circumstances outside the control of the Company or the equipment manufacturer.
- A variation in a flow rate of water to any installed equipment
- The replacement of any lamps, bulbs or filaments are excluded from the warranty as are any timers, thermostats, lockout devices that may be connected to, or part of, the equipment after the expiry of the individual items relevant warranty period as detailed by the manufacturer.
- You must notify the manufacture of any warranty claim against equipment or components as soon as reasonably possible once you become aware of the fault with a product. The contact details are supplied in the warranty pack or you can email [email protected]
- The warranty set out above applies specifically to the equipment installed as part of this contract. Any existing timers, controls, radiators, towel rails, pipework, drains, other equipment or other devices are completely excluded from any warranty offered.
- The Company, or any engineer appointed by the Company, is under no obligation to carry out any visual inspection or testing on any existing equipment (except as part of their regulatory duties). The risk of any of the existing system failing once the new equipment is installed is solely the responsibility of the customer. If the customer wishes to reduce this risk they can, and their own expense and independently of the Company, organise a suitable inspection and test of the existing system prior to the installation of new equipment being carried out.